Friday, March 28, 2014

Sunshine

The sun began to shine for about three hours on Sunday (five days ago) and we all came out and spent one glorious afternoon in the beautiful rays.  I even laid in the hammock for an hour to read my Bible (I'm currently reading through the entire book in 90 days--today is something like Day 67).  Then, on every day since then we've seen at least a few minutes of sunshine.  Yesterday we thought we'd died and gone to heaven. But today, ahhhh, today has been even brighter and more beautiful.  It's wonderful to need sunglasses and no umbrella.  I currently can see off in the distance a gray sky, but when you've been privy to some sunshine for a few hours--today's been a record number 6 hours in a row--you don't mind the rain that comes. 

A friend here told me that in her rain gauge, since the beginning of the calendar year which has been nearly 90 days, we have had only six days that didn't show an accumulation of rain.  I was surprised that it's been as many as six days.  It's rained here every single day but I'm guessing that as the heat evaporates some of the rain, then maybe what came down does not remain in the gauge if it's not been a huge amount. 

So, having said all of that, I just want to leave you with the fact that sunshine is a hot commodity here--pun intended.  : )

Blessings, kim

1 comment:

  1. Just remember the dry, dusty, grassless yard we have in the Summer. If it's not one thing it's another. I hope you guys are all feeling better. I happen to love dirty Thompson's rather than clean ones.

    ReplyDelete