Saturday, April 19, 2014

Parenting

Parenting is hard.
Really hard. 

Today I watch as my kids are hurting from things said and done to them.
It's killing me and I want to do something, say something.
Yet the Lord reminds me that even when He was beaten, spit upon, and then killed, all He chose to do in response was forgive.
Our struggle today is infinitely less demeaning, demanding or destructive.  It's only our feelings that are hurt.
I pray we will be Christ-like in our response--forgive and love anyway. 

Being a Christian is hard.
Really hard.
But, it's the only way to live and be free from the tyranny of "Self".  It's the only wise, wondrous way to live.  May we turn the other cheek; may we do unto others as we would have them do unto us.  May we love.

Blessings, kim

No comments:

Post a Comment