Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Virus

Last night it hit at about 7 pm and it was terrible!  Bathroom visits came every few minutes for the first few hours of the night.  Then came aches and chills.  The gym down the street provided background music of boom! boom! boom! till 10:00 pm, an hour longer than normal.  Thereafter the whole family went to bed while I stayed awake listening to the pattering of the rain as it hit the roof.  Have you ever noticed that when you're sick, all of your senses become very acute?

I'm happy to report that bathroom visits ended around noon and that I napped most of the day.  I even pulled it together at 2:30 to walk to school to teach art class.  The students are learning so much!  The highlight of my day.   I caught a lift home from one of the teachers, played a game of CandyLand with Selah, and then fell asleep on my bed.  Though very weak, I'm so thankful this thing was only a 24 hour bug. 

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear that you are feeling better. we went through is here last week with three of us having it. bread and rice and water and sleep. i am so glad i am over it!

    ReplyDelete