Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Shoes Part II

So after 14 days of straight rain and ever so slightly cold weather (a friend and I joked that we actually needed to put on socks when we went to bed at night!  Sorry for those of you currently experiencing record-breaking temps this winter), we finally saw the sunshine yesterday and felt as if the heat had come back.   Praise the Lord.  It was so lovely outside that we all wanted to just hang out out there. 

Well, today when Selah and I made our way to Casa de Fe, we looked down from the bridge that crosses over the river on the way there.  When we did, I saw a great many clothes that had been freshly washed and were drying on the rocks below.  They were meticulously spread out--one shirt or one pair of pants per large rock.  Since it was sunny, this is actually a familiar sight on such nice days.  What was even more familiar was a blue and white striped shirt that I had recently given up.  I stared and thought, "Could it be?"  Well, after scanning the rest of the clothes, I recognized one of Selah's blue and pink shirts, a pair of her floral pants, a pair of my old shoes, and a few other items.  Immediately I looked over to the other side of the bridge to see if I could find the owner of all these things and who should I see but my  new friend Liliana!  She was sweeping the cement of the tiniest house smiling at me as I walked toward her and gave her a hug.  This house that she's in is honestly the smallest thing I've ever seen--about the size of the cabana we stayed in at the beach--and it's the place I walk right next to three or four days a week!  How funny is that? 

So, other than seeing a familiar face, it was a great knowing that the clothes were working out for her and some were already needing a washing. 

Not much else to report but am so pumped because today three of the kids and I are going with my pickling friend Susan to Ambato to stay in her house--it's a two hour drive from Shell through the mountains.  Yes, I'm headed out to the pharmacy right after this to buy the Ecuadorian version of Dramamine.  We're taking Jacobey to the dentist to get his chipped tooth fixed, me to the orthodontist to replace a broken retainer mounted behind my front bottom teeth, and all of us to MEGAMAXI where I will be able to shop my heart out for groceries--I can hear the angels singing already.  And, if that weren't already enough excitement, we're going to eat out at a Mexican restaurant!  Be still my heart!!

Hope to post on Sunday with news of newly purchased cheeses and other culinary delights like Special K Cereal and Sour Cream.  Pitiful, but true....

Thanks for reading!
Blessings, kim

1 comment: